Biotage® Initiator Peptide Workstation is an accessory to perform manual microwave peptide synthesis and cleavage utilizing the Biotage Initiator microwave synthesizer.
Initiator Peptide Workstation consists of a specially designed microwave peptide vial and wash station to enable the synthesis of peptides using the Initiator without any system modifications. Peptide synthesis is performed in the microwave peptide vial utilizing the Initiator under atmospheric conditions. The vial contents are filtered and washed using the wash station. This is a cost-effective way to enjoy the benefits of microwave assisted solution and solid phase peptide synthesis.
Microwave Peptide Vials
The microwave peptide vial is available in two different sizes; 2-5 mL for 75-150 µmol scale or 10-20 mL for 250-500 µmol scale (depending on resin loading). The complete vial is easily assembled and consists of a glass vial, HDPE frit, check valve and snap cap with septum.
The wash station consists of a specially designed height adjustable vacuum head on a stand. When connected to a vacuum pump, this allows the microwave peptide vial to be easily emptied when positioned on the vacuum head. Material can be collected in a standard GL 45 laboratory glass bottle, 50 mL centrifuge tube or even a round bottom flask.
Economically Synthesize Difficult Sequences
Use microwave irradiation and standard reagents to synthesize difficult sequences that are problematic or even impossible to synthesize using standard methods.
Reduce cycle times by using microwave irradiation and fast manual washing and emptying.
Allows solution and solid phase peptide synthesis, cleavage of peptides and post-synthetic modification of peptides using microwave irradiation.
The Workstation can also be used to perform other types of chemistry, e.g. organic, PNA and peptoid synthesis.
When using expensive reagents you can manually add the exact amount of reagent while minimizing waste and costs.
- Entry-level microwave peptide synthesis accessory
- For use on Biotage® Initiator systems without modifications
- Fast emptying and washing for rapid cycle times
- Perform solution and solid phase microwave peptide synthesis
- Reusable 2–5 mL or 10–20 mL microwave peptide vials
- Synthesis on 50–500 μmol scale
- Suitable for PNA and peptoid synthesis
- 2–5 mL microwave peptide vial barrel
- 10–20 mL microwave peptide vial barrel
- Check valve o-ring
- Snap cap
- Disposable HDPE frit
- Enables microwave assisted peptide synthesis
- Reusable 2-5 mL or 10-20 mL microwave peptide vials
- Disposable HDPE frit
- Reusable snap cap
- Height adjustable vacuum head
- Use in Initiator without system modifications
- Microwave cleavage on the same platform
- Compact footprint