The core responsibilities of this position are to build Sub-assemblies, Accessory kits, Service kits, to support Biotage instrumentation along with building Biotage instruments to meet production schedules and customer sales orders on a daily basis.
Essential Job Duties
- Gather parts needed per pick list/shop order.
- Assemble per print or work instructions provided
- Testing or self-inspection of work performed
- Meet established build times and productivity targets as defined
- Packaging and labeling of all products built,
- Take personal ownership of all products built
- Effectively manage assigned tools and areas worked in, keeping both well organized and clean at all times
- Completion of work in an efficient and timely manner and held to high quality standards
- Occasionally assist warehouse staff with inventory management activities during spikes and/or short staffing issues
- Professionally represent the organization to achieve a positive image
- Perform other duties as assigned
Scope of Responsibility
- High quality and timely execution of manufacturing work orders
- Ability to work well with others and function in a team environment
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong Electro-mechanical assembly background
- Installation of wiring harnesses as part of system builds
- Ability to route wires and tubing during system builds
- Ability to work with printed Circuit Boards (handling and installation)
- Crimping pins on wires
- Ability to read assembly drawings, work instructions and work from verbal instructions
- Knowledge on how to build instruments utilizing parts and sub-assemblies
- Ability to juggle multiple activities in parallel and redirect to urgent issues
- Good verbal / written communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers, hex wrenches, etc.….
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, assembly drawings and work instructions. Ability to speak effectively with others within the production area.
- Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: An individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Database software with a Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products,
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years of electronic instrument/product assembly.
- Military service/experience a strong positive
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, talk and hear.
- Light industrial and office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
This is a Salem, NH facility based position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.