The core responsibilities of this position are to evaluate, diagnose, estimate and execute repairs and confidence testing of Biotage instrumentation for internal and external customers. Quality control and evaluation of Biotage demonstration units in a timely manner is also of critical importance.
Essential Job Duties
- Trouble shoot, diagnose, repair and verify operational performance of Biotage instrumentation.
- Perform quality reviews of Biotage demonstration equipment for kit contents and proper operation of equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on in-house products
- Meet established turn around and productivity targets as defined
- Collection, data entry and timely reporting of all required information associated with Repair Depot, Demo Depot and Technical Support interactions
- Take personal ownership of customer issues once assigned
- Effectively manage assigned inventory and tools, keeping both well organized and accurately reported.
- Professionally represent the organization to achieve a positive image
- Ensure clear and effective communication with both internal and external customers
- Reclaim and refurbish instruments and high value components as assigned
- Perform instruments manufacturing and testing functions as assigned in periods of high demand in the factory or low demand within the Repair Depot function
- Occasionally assist warehouse staff with inventory management activities during spikes and/or short staffing issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
Scope of Responsibility
- High quality and timely execution of Repair Depot work orders assigned – ensure maximum preparedness by reviewing problem description with Technical Support Specialist as necessary, order parts, complete work order and manage the closure including communication with customer as appropriate. Ownership of each work order through completion.
- Manage and maintain Salem based demo systems including inspection/QC, system repair, confidence testing and replacement of missing demo kit materials and ensure systems are back in stock and ready for immediate deployment
- High quality and timely execution of manufacturing and QC work orders
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong Electo-mechanical assembly background
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation in a straight-forward, logical manner
- Working knowledge of proper chemical and industrial hygiene
- Orientation to internal and external customer satisfaction
- High-level knowledge on instrumentation and how customers utilize instrumentation in their workflow
- Ability to juggle multiple activities in parallel and redirect to urgent issues
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Database software with a Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially Excel.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent from two-year College/University, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of electronic instrument/product repair experience and/or training.
- Military service/experience a strong positive
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is required to drive and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Light industrial and office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- This is a Salem, NH facility based position.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Please apply on the link https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/37922399